UPM Raflatac strives to create a safe, enjoyable work environment for both its customers and employees.
We participate in the UPM-wide safety program, the "Step Change in Safety 2012–2014." Our goal is to achieve world-class safety in all of our operations. As a result of this initiative, our safety record has improved markedly and is getting stronger every day.
Our safety program targets are:
- No fatal accidents
- A lost-time accident frequency below five (per million hours of work) by 2015
We reach our targets by providing:
- A demonstrated commitment to work safety and employee well-being
- Continuous actions to reduce absenteeism due to safety incidents
- Programs that ensure equal rights for all
- A corporate environment that promotes diversity and equality
- Good employee/employer relations
Our safety culture extends far beyond our employees. Our subcontractors and visitors work alongside us to deliver world-class safety performance.