UPM Raflatac ranked as one of the top passive RFID label vendors by ABI Research16.4.2008
UPM Raflatac has been ranked at the top in the latest Vendor Matrices released by ABI Research. The Vendor Matrix is an analytical tool developed by ABI Research to provide a clear understanding of vendors’ positions in specific markets. Two recently published Vendor Matrices assess RFID inlay manufacturers that offer passive HF (13.56 MHz) and UHF inlays.
UPM Raflatac scored highest in the RFID Passive HF Inlay Vendor Matrix, followed by Tagsys and Texas Instruments. In the UHF matrix rankings UPM Raflatac occupied second position, right after Alien Technology.
Vendors are assessed by ABI Research on the parameters of innovation and implementation across several criteria, unique to each vendor matrix. “The top-ranking vendors are truly leading global players, scoring highly in each criterion for innovation and implementation,” says research director Michael Liard, ABI Research.
In these Matrices, under Innovation, ABI Research examined
• product innovation, development, and feature sets
• antenna and connection innovation and development
• inlay manufacturing innovation
• experience, leadership and knowledge transfer
• application strategy and standards-based product innovation
• the breadth of product offerings
Under Implementation, the following criteria were scrutinized:
• annual volume in addressed/targeted markets with specific frequencies
• regional presence and penetration
• overall market leadership and strength
• vendor global sales/support capabilities and distribution channels
• the breadth of vertical and application markets served and addressable markets
For more information on the rankings, please visit ABI Reseach website.