The RafCycle® labelstock recycling concept provides numerous benefits to the label industry.
- RafCycle reduces the costs of waste disposal, and even generates income from waste: In 2013, one ton of used ProLiner PP30 was worth €370 when delivered for recycling via RafCycle.
- Participation in the RafCycle program forms a vital part of many label companies’ sustainability strategies and is a proven way to reduce their environmental impact.
- The RafCycle program can be customized to individual company needs. Contact us for more information.
- UPM Raflatac is continuously developing new recycling solutions to help our partners enhance their sustainability efforts.
- RafCycle reduces demand for raw materials by offering a closed-loop waste management solution: Products and waste can later be turned back into raw material.
- RafCycle involves collaboration across the labelling value chain, with multiple participants coming together to turn waste into a valuable resource.
- RafCycle reduces landfill waste by reusing label by-products and waste that might otherwise be disposed of.
- Label waste can also be incinerated. RafCycle waste-to-energy provides a highly efficient alternative to conventional waste incineration. Waste is used for combined heat and power (CHP) generation.
- RafCycle promotes the efficient use of natural resources and minimizes the environmental impact of label production.
Read more about FINAT and recycling:
As a member of FINAT, the worldwide association for pressure sensitive labels and related products, UPM Raflatac promotes sustainable practices for the entire label industry through our recycling project.