The RafCycle® concept is a recycling solution for the label waste generated in the lifecycle of pressure sensitive label stock:
- process waste from coating and slitting operations
- matrix and start-up waste from label printing and die-cutting
- liner waste from label dispensing.
Recycled self adhesive label waste is given new life as one of three end-products: UPM ProFi® composite material, energy, or paper.
UPM ProFi wood-plastic composite material
- Waste used: coating and slitting waste, printer matrix waste, PP liner.
- UPM ProFi deck boards are made from at least 50% recycled materials and used for patio decking and facades.
UPM ProFi has won several international awards, and its products make major contribution to reducing traditional landfill and incineration.
- Waste used: paper-based release liners (reused at UPM Plattling’s paper mill in Germany)
- The liner is de-siliconised and processed into pulp to be used as a raw material for UPM’s paper products.
- Waste used: coating and slitting waste, printer matrix waste and liners.
- Combined with other biomass fuels, labelstock waste can be used as fuel at UPM’s highly efficient
combined heat and power (CHP) plants.
To learn more about the recycling options available for your business, please
contact your local salesperson.